Sort results by: Date Added | Alphabetically
- HFI recommends sealed TV remote controls for hotel-guest and healthcare-patient rooms to enable better cleaning of these high-touch points to prevent devices from harboring and spreading infectious organisms.
- Global certification provider for the LEED Green Building Rating System to deliver third-party certification for the WELL Building Standard.
- IEHA and Phoenix-based Best Western International (BWI) are partnering to produce the first Healthy Hotel Housekeeper (HHH) Certification, with the goal to make hotel environments cleaner and healthier by empowering housekeeping professionals with knowledge and training, supported by an ongoing certification program administered by IEHA.
- Housekeepers in 2,100 Best Western hotels in North America have adopted measures including UV wands, black lights and cleanable remotes.
- Becoming a green hotel is a journey, not a destination...Beyond basic sustainable practices, which are documented in several publications including the AH&LA guidelines, here are a few ideas that can improve the health of a building for its occupants.
- A combination of physical and/or chemical means is necessary to achieve the desired cleaning effect.
- Infectious disease expert says both are on the rise; more study is needed.
- Even with the resurgence of bed bug infestations, the public health community has yet to mount a coordinated response to the problem. The results of surveys conducted at four events reveal public health agencies need to take action.
- While most are aware of the prevalence of bed bugs, more research must be done in regards to their behavior, effect on humans, and rampant spread; and action must be taken.
- Data from many facilities show that a properly commissioned building with controls and equipment functioning properly can save 5%-15% in total building energy cost. With a little knowledge this can be done without compromising IAQ.