The Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI) in partnership with School Planning and Management and College Planning and Management Magazines is pleased to announce the winners of the 2017 Healthy School Awards.
Winners were selected by experts based on submitted applications, interviews, and a strong commitment to facility health and practical steps.
The 2017 Healthy School Awards went to:
- Gold − Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, Colorado
- Silver − Elk Grove USD, Elk Grove, California
- Healthy Facilities Advocate − Hawaii Preparatory Academy (HPA), Kamuela, Hawaii
- Birmingham Public Schools (BPS), Birmingham, Michigan
- Clarksville-Montgomery County School System (CMCSS), Clarksville, Tennessee
- Rolla Public Schools, Rolla, Missouri
- Washington School District, Washington, Pennsylvania
Health Factors Assessed Include:
• Indoor Air Quality
• Chemical Exposure
• Water Quality
• Sound Levels
• Cleaning and Disinfecting
• Sanitizing and Foodservice
• Integrated Pest Management
• Ergonomics (musculoskeletal, strains, slips/falls)
Winners were announced in the July/August 2017 issues of School Planning and Management and College Planning and Management Magazines.
Winners will be showcased during the 11/2/17 webinar, “30 Days to Healthy Schools at Lower Cost”, that will recognize and share the secrets of the 2017 winners of the Healthy School Awards, and provide simple steps to physical and fiscal health. The session will demonstrate how healthy schools promote learning, savings, and attendance-based funding, and how any school can develop a framework for a healthy facility and budget within 30 days.